Read on to see what happened..
(As always, we are talking raw and organic stuff.)
You know I love my Vitamix and, like with all the other horses we have in this house (like the iPad, the 2 Macs, the Sedona-tje and the Huron), I can totally say to the ones that say there's life before Vitamix and bliss after finding one:-) (sorry if I bore you with it but it's real love).
I filled it this morning (2l capacity, for the ones who have another blender) with:
- celery sticks (a whole bunch, maybe 10 sticks)
- 1 lemon peeled (and in half)
- 1 (red) orange, peeled (and cut in half)
- 1 small apple (was very soft)
- VERY MUCH mint:-) (like, the leaves of 15 mint plants, i just love it)
- a bit of honey just because it's winter
- a bit of purslane left overs from yesterday
- (red) maca (one heaping spoon)
- SunWarrior protein natural (2 weeks ago I discovered a shop in The Hague that has it and I was super happy, as after a lot of reading I concluded that this is the best raw protein available at the moment - let me know if you met a better one:-) )
- astralagus (there is a shop in Amsterdam that has it) (good for building your immune system)
- raw cacao powder.
- cleansing drops from Lisette
- echinacea drops
If you now think (she is crazy) this is too much for one recipe, you can just stick to the first part - but I am here to bare it all so here it is..
So we bzzzzzzzz-ed it, I mean blended, with the amazing help of my lovely V. (V as in Victor my son).
And as usual V had made a perfect alarm noise along with the Vitamix. You all know what I mean, I am sure.
You can see the result of the first blend in the middle of the second picture. above.
Not green enough although really yummy.
So I decided to make it greener: I added (again with help of the skillful hands of V):
- spirulina (like a big heaping spoon)
- wheatgrass powder (idem)
A second bzzz got us result exhibit first on the left. And such was the nature of the first 1,5 recipe.
As for the 3rd exhibit (the glass half full -sic- on the right).. V wanted a green milk so we made one:
- cashews soaked over night (2 hands full)
- 1l water (filtered and loved)
- SunWarrior protein
- bit of salt
- tea spoon cinnamon
I am trying hard to put some quantities here but V was measuring so....... don't know..:-)
- love (did not see that one coming, don'tchya)