Today I share yesterday's green smoothie (coz it was interesting)
..and in the next blog today's SUPER PURPLE almond milk - coz I filmed it:-)
Yesterdayz Green Smoothie:
The day before I had made almond yogurt.
I made some videos about it (see Youtube) but as a principle:
- You make (almond) milk;
- you mix it with acidophilus probiotica;
- you let it sit over night on the counter, table, somewhere warm or under your bed (not me, coz we sleep on a mattress on the ground) (some people put it in the fridge, I did not try that one yet, I suppose because I think it would take longer..)
- you eat it:-)
Well, this last part is not so easy because you eat the firm part of the yogurt (I cannot wait too much so I eat it with the spoon directly from the jar) and you are left with the liquid.
If we would make cow milk yogurt this liquid would be called whey, I am not sure how you call the veg one.
* warning * warning * warning * warning *:-)
drink a (partially) fermented (green) smoothie soon because it ferments even further.. That goes also for the Kombutcha smoothies. Today, the left over from yesterdays has.. bubbles in it:-)
- almond yogurt whey (around 1l) (yes, I had a lot of yogurt)
- lamb's lettuce (around 150 gr)
- 1/2 cucumber
- 1 lemon peeled and halved
- left overs from the die hard of the day before (it was so die hard I could not even drink it all) (around 500ml)
- a lot of ginger (whatever that means for you)
- 1 spoon honey (wanted less die hard)
So I put some
- spirulina (2 tb spoons)
- and wheat grass powder (2 tb spoons)
And added the usual (at the moment:
- maca (red) (1 tb spoon)
- astragalus (idem)
- cacao powder (2x idem)
- SunWarrior protein natural (1 tb spoon)
You can put some more honey or Lucuma or another low glycemic sweetener in it because it's in the die hard family still:-)
Like I said, if you want to make this one, drink it soon because it just ferments and ferments and the taste changes by the hour.
Plus: Fresh is best:-)
Green love to you!