I did not write in ages. A few blogs here and there, a few changes made to the website (still work in progress), but that was about that..
And that is strange for somebody - me! - that for many, many years experienced life mostly through writing. Starting a blog and a newsletter seemed like the most perfect thing to do for me, and the easiest.
But all of a sudden, life took charge. :-) Living through writing and reflection on things just was not in the charts for a while..
The loads of things going on, in short:
- moving town; (read: installing laminate floor, painting the place, packing and unpacking, no internet for a looong while);
- really really really starting my business (officially a Chamber of Commerce number, check! );
- leading my first real- real workshops and talks ("If I were a tree", "green smoothie", "making pickles", etc);
- opening and closing a mini exhibition at the local American Book Center (thanks, Jasmina!);
- opening my first real-real-real exhibition in a meditation center in another town, Umai, Alphen aan de Rijn; (it's open until January 4th and it will close with a Dream Concert organized by my wonderful friend Dymphi)
- having half a stand at Food Festival Delft with my chocolates and other Shine Yum! (where I was invited by my lovely colleague Heike);
- preparing a raw food lunch for 40 people and bringing it across with tram+trein+bus to a far away town, Almere - with my bare own hands (+ rucksack + granny troller - long live the wheels!!);
- starting my new herbs garden - it was covered with concrete tiles;
..and recently starting two new projects - soon to be three:
- Shine Café - once a week at my place: you can enjoy a raw food buffet dinner, pick up orders of raw food snacks, green smoothies or art and enjoy an inspiration evening with a health related theme - movie or talk; last week we saw the Movie Origins, in mondial premiere, very impressive; This week we will watch "Hungry for Change" (more details here)
- Live workshops - at my place, once a week, practical tips for natural self care in our western world; (this week Friday, November 28: "Making your own chocolate letters": Next week, Friday December 5th, "three times raw tart" );
- Online workshops (for this one I am still in the planning fase); practical tips for natural self care and life, together with Mother Nature, without having to move if you don't want to :-)
Thing is, in the meantime I also discovered a new style of mixed media that I am crazy about, I invented a system to make my own raw food treats boxes and I almost cannot sleep at night from excitment and plans - for months already.. :-)
Also, I did a lot of thinking and planning about where Shining Mama should be going..
And to top it all, I started homeschooling my son Victor who is now 5 and a half, very creative and already learned how to read and write - and recently started speaking English and Romanian, besides Dutch.. Let me translate this one for you: it means that everything I do gets interrupted a gazillion times with questions that go from: "why was Judas so mean to Jesus?" (he saw the first 3/4 of "Jesus Christ Superstar" around 12345689003202002021 times!) up to "how does Spiderman make a spider web and whaaaaaayyyyy is there no Spider Lady???" and to "how do you say "...." in English, Romanian, French, Italian and Spanish?" and to "do you know how to say... in Japanese? I do.. "
Did that make you dizzy-dizzy?
I am :-)
(..please excuse me while I take a break from writing to cut 20 little - quite dirty! - finger and toes nails)..
So where was I..?
I hope you can forgive my written absence, this is my excuse letter.. :-)
Thank you so much for (still) being here. Little by little Shining Mama's big plans become more palpable and I am going to keep more in touch.
If you want to participate - live or online - in any of the things I wrote about, please check the agenda. There are also some new blog posts you might like to read. I am still shufling things around on the website as i want to make it as simple for you to use and as straight forward as possible.. Still not quite right there, but I plan to, soon. Hopefully by next time I will have a clear map for you. :-)