Right now I am happy to say that we fall asleep around 12:00 in the night - which is a huge improvement to the 2:00 sometimes 3:00 o'clock of only a few months ago.. (V could not fall asleep)..
The improvement came maybe from the good weather and thus lots of walking and playing outside - v is more tired..
Or maybe the counter intuitive, that the days seem longer (it's getting dark past 9 o'clock in the evening at this time in the NL).. Or maybe that I am so so tired that V is just falling asleep earlier just for me, because he sees how tired I am..
However it came to be, this new habit gives me the wonderful possibility to wake up earlier and feel fit, sometimes as early as 7 (!!) and write, without losing too much needed sleep..
My planning for today (plus brain dump):
Yesterday I made hundreds of chocolate bonbons of five colors and combinations: white, yellow, green, light brown (caramel) and dark brown.
I will prepare the whole week for the Leefmarkt.. With the exception of Wednesday (when it's V's birthday and we will do all things birthday-i plus going to the Farmer's Market and DHIT),
What I still need to do / think about:
- take the "ke-ko"? a new drink I invented - a combination of (water)Kefir and Kombutcha.. I'll bring the 1l bottles (how many can I cary on the bike?) and paper glasses that I will recycle.. Just kefir for kids (kombutcha is a bit sour-vinegary)? Should I take straws? (not really green, though, straws)
- will have shiny boxes already made - but also with bonbons already placed inside? Or just a few with bonbons and a few without?
- (marketing choice?): the less choice I give, the less work for me there and the less tools i need to take with me - and if the bonbons are already in the box, less problems with putting them in.. and the easier the sell.. .?
- this will be an experiment: the price has to really reflect the materials, time, etc;
- less choice, I will only have two kinds of Duo Boxes ("surprise me" and brown)..
- possibility to taste..? no / yes? probably not..
- what will the weather be like?
- print and laminate a few A4 with info and to hang;
- maybe a big canvas with shining mama and logo and stuff? To hang? How? when should I paint it? depends on the weather..
- borrow market materials for the table;
- with the bike so with one big backpack and one bag for on the front of the bike.. ? - how to take a big display box? will take some time to cycle there.. (especially if this wind that plagues us already more than a week will not stop by then)
- ... or with public transport?
- ... or ask somebody to bring me with the car? (but also take me back in the evening?) extra costs..?
- leave early so as to be there at 8.. ( and not all sweaty and miserable and already tired) (maybe nanny should sleep here, otherwise he has to wake up early)
- have the website ready!
- business cards!!
English is fine. My biz is in English. I have international clients. And Dutch clients who speak English.. :-) And I can explain things in Dutch if needed.
Price has to reflect at least:
- 3-4 days of work of 10 + hours of work
- Basic materials:
Cacao butter 6x250g around 50 €
Cacao pasta 1x ?? €
Sweetened with honey, yacon syrup, xyllitol, agave sugar and syrup, maple syrup, red banana powder;
Other ingredients: foelie (what is that in English? (it's mace)), turmeric, orange essential oil (food grade), wheat grass powder (New Zealand), mesquite, lucuma, maca, chlorella, cashews, SunWarrior vegan protein powder (whole grain brown rice)..
- Will I make red chocolate with strawberries? Then dry strawberries today to have it for maybe Thursday. (After V's party)
- Will I make other special bonbons with soft nuts inside - like my grandpa's bonbon and mint? (If I have time on Thursday... )
Will it be transportable?
Do I want more than one or two products? The Shiny Boxes plus Flats are already varied, plus the ke-ko taht will need explanation..
Keep it simple, Ioana!!. The experience of other fairs showed that it's better to not have too much to choose from. The client is either interested - or not.. And there is enough choice with the different shiny boxes and chocs.
Do I want to make and take raw tarts?
Or just make a few laminated prints to show what is possible?
Do I take small art / prints with me?
No. My shiny boxes are my art.
Keep it simple. (Haha, why is that so difficult for me?)..
By the time I explained to one client what I have on my table, twenty other clients went on their way. Not so practical.
The people passing by - to intrigue them but not to confuse them.
The boxes with standard booklet with:
- The shiny chocs are raw, organic, lactose-, refined sugar-, gluten free, guilt free, fair trade, made with love, home and hand made, including the package; recyclable package;
- Not suited for diabetics as they are sweetened with non refined, low glycemic sugars;
- A few prints of shining mama art
- Info over shining mama
more about the shiny boxes:
- The box will all be variate design with shining mama art - photography and paintings..
- On the outside of the box as a holding together band - print with shining mama? Or just different holding together bands that match all of the rest of the box?.. are they inter-changeable? I think they should be, at least the ones for the Duo Box..
- do I make a few Shiny Box Max? With art object? only to show?.....? (better not?..)
Do I take little plastic bags for loose chocolate bonbons? Loose chocs or not? (besides for the glass bowl to show..?)
Do I make extra paper bags for the shiny boxes and plastic bags?
As presentation, all the boxes next to each other as a collage - all with mixed chocolate..
The Shiny Boxes Mini - only with layers chocs.
The big ones with mixed chocolate and a few with only brown.
The glass bowl for presentation of different types of bonbons.
Inside the boxes a sticker with shining mama - the small ones only with logo, the big ones with logo and more (what?)
Make the stickers already today before starting with the boxes..?
Duo boxes with prints or color carton and prints only on top? What is wise to do and practical? If I use only prints - the use of the printer cartridge could go up.. If I use colored carton for the boxes with only prints on the top and sides, my time of making and cutting might go up.. Only orints it is then.. (Also I personally love the "only-print" more)
If it rains? Individual boxes wrapped in plastic? How? Plastic wrap? Then no possibility to look inside.. (also: not so green)..
Do I want the client to look inside the shiny boxes or just have an example displayed with an open box? Probably just an example displayed as I will have all the boxes varied but with either the 'surprise me mix' or only brown.
I will probably need a way to mark on the outside which is which for the boxes? The brown ones with a brown little dot? Where to get brown dots? Or red dots? Where to stick the dots? On the top - from practical point of view, easier to choose at one glance (for me)..
But: will the dot ruin the look of the shiny boxes?
Draw the dot? (more time!)
Stick the dot? (ruin the look?)..
And how about the flats? How to differentiate them on the outside while they are already packed in aluminium and with sticker?
All with cashews and raw whole grain brown rice sun warrior protein (for creaminess)..
- White with maca and lucuma
- Yellow with turmeric
- Green with wheat grass
- Brown with mesquite
- Dark brown with chlorella